Monday, December 15, 2008

Love & Life

Lately, I have been stressing out about who I will be riding for in 2009, if anyone. Well let me put all the questions to rest. After a couple of commitments with Metro and A&V- McDonalds, and a couple other sub par offers. I will be sticking with Metro VW. They are both very good, proven programs and I am lucky to be a part of either one. Europe is a place I want my cycling career to take me. I won't get into details, but sometimes things just don't work out. I am, however, looking forward to 2009 season now that all my team worries are put to rest. The team is going to be super strong this year and i fully expect strong showings in all of our races.  My winter training has been going well. getting in solid rides on the 'ole Redline cross bike, equipped with SRM. It gets the job done while things are being ironed out. 
The bulk of my training has looked like this: 2-3 hrs on Monday, down and around White Rock Lake. Then I follow that with the FatBoy ride that goes up northeast of Mckinney on Tuesdays with Mike Gacki and and a few other guys that don't have work. Wednesdays are designated track days after a short ride in the am. This time of year, it feels a good 5-10 degrees cooler inside the Superdrome than it actually is.  Thursdays, I have been doing rides with my good friends, Stephen Crawford and Gary Glanger. It's good to mix things up a bit. Training can get old and lose its fun real fast. Sometimes we will go ride around the lake a bit and sometimes we hit the trail with the cross bikes. I think on Fridays, I am going to start doing the Gacki ride. A few guys meet up at his house in north Frisco for an extended ride up north of Celina. Best riding in the area by far (within a 20 min drive). 
The past couple of weekends have been a little different than others. Last weekend I went up to Tulsa Oklahoma. Mainly to see someone, but to ride also. Tulsa is a hidden gem for riding. Surprisingly. I would not have expected such good riding in such an armpit of a state. It was a good change of pace. 
This weekend was the Eggnog and Chunks crit in Denton. Put on by my coach, Christian Williams. The whole point in the race, was to raise money for the juniors he coaches to get to nationals. At first, I felt obligated to go considering I used to be one of those juniors. However, it ended up being pretty fun. Despite the 40 mph wind, it was 78 degrees and sunny. Can't complain about that. It was fun to do a crit on a cross bike with a 48 front chain ring. It had to be good leg speed. Brett Crosby came out hot. Lapping the field with one other dude and taking the win. I knew he was gone as soon as he went. I finished 4th after getting in a small chase group with a couple of guys that had no idea we were racing for 3rd and not 1st. Oh well it was a good cause. I even donated my prize money for some baked goods. Totally worth it!
If your in the area and you want to knock out some miles, give me a call. I'm always free to ride.

Out-

Andrew

1 comment:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.