Monday, December 1, 2008

Since when does Stefan do cyclocross?

It seems like that guy can do it all as long as it is on a bicycle. Im sure Mr. Godsey is very happy to have a rider like him on his team. A couple of weeks ago I did the cross races at White Rock lake expecting to see the same cast of characters show up. However, to my amazement, not only did Stefan Rothe show up. He won the first day and got 3rd the next. Will Ross even came out of retirement to mix it up. It was awesome. Thinking that they probably just didn't have anything else going on that weekend, I was surprised to see Stefan at the start line again the next weekend in Ft. Worth. This time, Captain Amazing graced us with his presence after recovering from an endurance race the previous weekend. The races were well run by Moritz and the depth of the field was by far the best I have seen in a Texas cross race. Bryan and I went 1-2 both days, ust in a different order and Mitch and Stefan along with Matt Davis and Chopper battled out for the 3rd place spot behind us. It's about time I beat Fawley in a cross race. Hopefully the field sizes stay this big. It makes the racing and spectating way more fun. Im going to bail on the Houston races, but you may see me in San Antonio for the state championships. Here is a good picture of Bryan and I battling it out the first day in Ft. Worth.


1 comment:

T said...

Thanks for the props...I'm still racing for third when you + Fawley show up :-) See you in San Antonio!